Saturday 2 October 2010

I Love October









I must admit I love October for a few reasons. My birthday falls very early in October along with my husband's birthday which falls a few days after mine so there's always lots of giving and receiving for us in October...Even at 33 I still love getting presents in bed on the morning of my Birthday!!

I always seem to get a bit of a personal decorating bug in October. I think it has something to do with the pending emails from suppliers advising of their upcoming pre-Christmas order cut-off dates. The thought of them closing their books for the year without a few little tidbits for home makes me a bit demented. Every night this week I've trawled a boot-load of fabric samples home for consideration and let me tell you I'm not really the most popular person in our house at the moment as every time one of the boys walks past the lounge room I ask...."And what about this fabric?" They are completely over it.

I also love the buzz of clients at this time of year as they too recognize the fact that if they don't make a decision now then it will be all over red rover until next year.

The other thing I like about October is the weather and all the flowering gardens around the place. Even just driving into work is a pleasure as flowers are blooming everywhere. The Jacaranda trees are also just starting to bloom which puts a beautiful purplish haze over Brisbane.

There are just so many lovely things to enjoy in October starting this weekend. We must also recognize that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. For more information visit the National Breast Cancer website here. Mrs Blandings always posts pink in October so here's a little hint of pink above from a pink girl through and through.

Happy October Everyone!

image 1 - source uknown, image 2 - source unknown, image 3 - anna spiro, image 4 via moodboard blog {please let me know if anyone knows the source of images 1 & 2 and I will link back accordingly}

17 comments:

Karena said...

Anna, an early Happy Birthday!!
Beautiful Images!

I too am posting pink today!

Karena
Art by Karena

♡Shayla♡ said...

OCTOBER IS MAGICAL! it is my very favorite season! I am from the states so ironically, our seasons are opposite! but in October here, all of the tree leaves start turning the most gorgeous colors! it's crisp but not too cold. it's perfect for bike rides! eep!

it's lovely to know October is a worldwide treasure. <3

Living near the sea said...

Happy Birthday! You have made me look at pink differently .. it never was a favourite of mine but now I love it.

a beautiful space said...

I put my family through the same harrassment. Why do we decorators have so much trouble deciding on things for our own homes when the choices seem so clear when making them for our clients? Those fabrics look lovely by the way. Enjoy your October.

beachvintage.com said...

Hi Anna, yes it's my favourite month too. Charli is 5 next week, the day after me! Hope you guys have great days too xx

Life love, clutter and other beautiful things. said...

Gorgeous collection of images.

I am looking for some gorgeous vintage or vintage style fabrics for my little chair project. Sadly no Black & Spiro in Hobart to visit... xox

C. Anne said...

Happy Birthday!! It sounds like its going to be a happy month for you truly. Love that you say clients have to make that decision now or never, it really is crunch time to get things done before christmas season rolls around and everything gets pushed to the new year!

Brooke said...

Lovely photos! I also really enjoy October...Happy October to you, too!

petals and vintage said...

I too, have a lot of things happening around me in October - and it is a month of pink!

Thanks for the words about National Breast Cancer Awareness Week. I must post something in pink at least once a week this month.

Have a fun rainy weekend.
Pam x

pve design said...

Now who does not like waking up to presents!
Happy October and Birthday month!
pve

Roxanne said...

I loved ALL of your photos as those are MY kinds of colors--your #3 photo just made me happy to look at it. But I will admit it through me for a bit of a loop. I live in Texas and am (for the only time of the year) pulling out all of my browns and oranges and golds for autumn forgetting that you are at the beginning of spring. Enjoy!!!

Mrs. Blandings said...

Thank you, Anna. I can't wait to see where those memos find homes. I wonder if my boys think all homes have patches of fabric draped over backs and arms of furniture? They, too, are so over it.

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

Happy Birthday Anna!

Patti said...

I love that capture of Marilyn...

Eves said...

Happy Birthday Anna! May you have absolutely beautiful tidings to you and your truly!

What i love about October is when the Jacaranda trees in Nairobiare blooming and shedding creating beautiful carpets of purple! It reminds me that christmas is just around the corner! Magical!

Eves.. Nairobi, Kenya

Louise (Table Tonic) said...

Oh Happy Birthday!
Gosh, so much glory at such a young age... And PS, I should have known you had the finely tuned eagle eye of a Libran (but none of the indecisiveness that comes with it, by the looks!).
xxx Lou

Alkemie said...

Happy Birthday Anna! That's so fun that you and our husband's birthday are so close together - it must be neat to be able to celebrate together. I adore the black and white photo of Marilyn Monroe you chose.

Cheers,
Karen O.