Thursday 25 June 2009

Geraniums




My mother has always had lots of large pots of geraniums growing on her verandah. No family dinner or lunch is complete without some sort of flower arrangement on my mothers dining table and geraniums have often filled the void when other options aren't flowering in her garden. I thought I'd post a couple of her little geranium arrangements. You won't believe it when I tell you the last image is actually in her old bedroom at my grandmother's house. The black and white ticking wallpaper which you can see in the background has been on those walls for around 40 years! Mum chose the wallpaper for her room when she was a teenager. Now doesn't that spell timeless....

16 comments:

Chez POPI said...

I love!!!
kisses Paula

La Maison Fou said...

You bet, enduring style is timeless.....
Leslie

Dumbwit Tellher said...

You are so right Anna. I love the classic wallpaper your mother chose. That's why the apple didn't fall far from the tree!

Alicia said...

Timeless is an understatement!!!!
Great wallpaper!!!!!!!
I love red ones in blue pots..must be the American in me!!!

Shell Sherree said...

Timeless indeed - geraniums, black and white ticking - lovely!

Kalei's Best Friend said...

Your mother was definitely ahead of her time... Classic!..The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, eh? :-)

beachvintage.com said...

That wallpaper is striking and with those flowers just devine.

nicki@homeworks said...

HI Anna, speaking of wallpaper, can you please tell me where i can get Kelly Wearstler's Imperial trellis in black, as we are building a new home and the plasterers have just finished and i would like this wallpaper for my black and white themed bathrooms.
Thanks, Nicki

Andrea, the little collector said...

Wow! That is great paper. and the geraniums are fun arrangements too. wouldn't have thought of that, but love them!

Sara said...

I love the smell of geraniums :)

Sharnel said...

It's lovely to see your Mum's style way back then. I remember those geranium's on her mantle. Simple but perfect all the same.

Meg said...

Such classic style! What a great story! I love that paper!!!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the painting and the geraniums lined up in front of it, nesting on their ledge...

la la Lovely said...

so pretty!!! love the arrangement on the fireplace. I'm having company next week and something like this is just the little perk that my house needs!

MissBliss said...

absolutely gorgeous.... love the arrangements and variation with the vases... great painting, too

Rebecca said...

Now that is a lady with style!